Cricket West Indies (CWI) selectors have blanked four important Trinidad and Tobago players from the West Indies squad for the three One-Day Internationals against India next month.
The Bravo brothers — Dwayne and Darren — along with Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine were left out the touring squad and they look unlikely to play in the other three Twenty20s.
The team was picked even before a bowl was bowled in the Regional Super50 competition, which started last week.
On July 24, CWI CEO Johnny Grave told ESPN Cricinfo that he came to an agreement with the Bravo brothers, Pollard and Narine to play in the Super50 to push for the Indian tour and future one-day team selection.
Grave told a daily newspaper in Trinidad that he is not disappointed that the selectors chose the path of not picking them for the 50 over portion of the India tour, considering the clash with the Super50.
He said despite not going to India, their potential path to the 2019 50 Overs World Cup is not closed.
The CEO said the Twenty20 squad for India next month should reflect the best possible pool of players from the recent CPL performances.