FIFA, the world’s governing body for football says it is studying evidence from former vice-president Jack Warner about alleged missing aid to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
FIFA says Warner has “submitted very detailed documentation” about the governing body’s US$250,000 donation, which he applied for, and was given, to fund football rebuilding projects on the impoverished Caribbean island.
Haiti officials told British newspaper The Sunday Times last month they received just US$60,000.
The football federation in Warner’ native Trinidad and Tobago then said it had “surrendered” authority by giving him control of bank accounts that also held a US$500,000 Haiti donation from former FIFA vice-president Chung Mong-joon.
FIFA said it will “require some time to analyze” Warner’s evidence.
Warner is the minister of Works and Infrastructure in the Trinidad and Tobago government.